This week’s art experience is Art Care Package(ACP).
I am sending a guitar pick that I used for many years to my classmate Tareena Woods.
I started to use this pick since I bought my first guitar, it contain a lot of my memory. I used it to play the first song with my friends, I also used it to practice the song I sang to my girlfriend.
- How is sending someone an ACP similar to sending someone a Snapchat?
It is similar to snapchat because you can share your experience with other people.
2. How is sending someone an ACP different from sending them a Snapchat?
The difference between ACP and Snapchat is that things on Snapchat can be deleted easily, but you can not delete the ACP.
3. What do you think of ephemera? Is it precious? Or trash? Does it gain in value over time? Does your grandma’s parking ticket from half a century ago mean something to you? What about her tickets from Woodstock? What might your grand kids think if you one day gave them the bead bracelet you wore at Coachella?
I will say everything has its value. Something may be worth a lot of money. Something may not be worth that much, but the memory is priceless, money couldn’t the memory.
4. Is there a difference between art that is seen by many people, like a painting in the Museum of Modern Art, and art that is seen by few, like the ACP you send to someone?
I think there is not a big difference between arts made by great artist and ACP, each art has it’s message that it wants to deliver to the audience.
5. You can take a Snapchat and a friend on the other side of the globe can view it, all within seconds. To make an ACP and send it even to a nearby friend will take days. Does this time and effort difference mean something? How is fast better? How is slow better?
Sanpchat is very convenience, it save lots of time to deliver a message to someone. But ACP has its advantage, it can make people who got the package feel the intention of the person who send the package. If I got an ACP from other people, I will feel surprise and happy.
6.People sometimes say things like prepare a meal with love. Can you prepare a meal with love as fast as you can get food at a McDonald’s drive-thru? Does an ACP have the possibility of containing a sort of “love” different from a Snapchat?
I think even though it’s a McDonald’s drive-thru, you can still prepare a meal with love. I personally work at a tea shop, I always want the customers to have a good day, so I will try my best to make every drink. Therefore, if a person really wants to show his love to someone, no matter it’s ACP or Snapchat, both can contain the person’s “love".